DNA electrophoresis is a common lab technique used to identify, quantify, and purify nucleic acid fragments. Samples are loaded into wells of an agarose or acrylamide gel and subjected to an electric field, causing the negatively charged nucleic acids to move toward the positive electrode. Shorter DNA fragments will travel more rapidly, whereas the longest fragments will remain closest to the origin of the gel, resulting in separation based on size.
- Submarines – Horizontal Electrophoresis Cells
- Mupid – An Electrophoresis system with a detachable tank for easy casting of your gels directly in the tank and easy cleaning
- RunOne – All the electrophoresis equipment you need in the palm of your hand. Comes with and without timer in durable plastic for longer lifetime
- Origins – The ORIGINS by Elchrom™ is a new generation of submarine electrophoresis system with an integrated heating/cooling system
Agarose & non-agarose gels
Spreadex® gels provide sensational resolution in the size range of 50 bp to 1000 bp. The resolving power is three times higher than the resolving power of any other synthetic gel matrix. Sensational resolution: down to1 bp on 8 cm running distance, 4 bp on 4 cm running distance.
Polyacrylamide gels are excellent for separation of small DNA fragments 5-500bp but can be difficult to cast due to the toxic nature of Polyacrylamide. Safe yourself the troulble and buy pre-cast polyacrylamide gels from Embitec.
Agarose gels are the most common gel type for DNA electrophoresis and they can be purchased in almost any size and agarose concentration desirable.
As an alternative to pre-cast gels you could also buy Agarose tablets in powder form that you simply add to your TAE or TBE buffer and heat for 30 seconds in the microwave and then cast your gel.
Midori Green- “a safer stain” is an alternative product to Ethidium Bromide. The main features are non carcinogenity and significant less mutagenicity in comparison to Ethidium Bromide, but the same sensitivity for a very competitive price.
- Midori Green Advance – our supeerior dye – non carcinogenic, less mutagenic, excellent signal:noise ratio, suitable fro any kind of filters and imaging systems – very high sensitivity even for very small fragmens.
- Midori Green Direct – a total new approach – do not stain the gel, instead mix your sample with this dye and load it onto the gel – loading dye included – very high sensitivity – excellent signal:noise ratio.
Ladders & Markers
We sell a number of DNA ladders for a wide range of fragment sizes. If you cannot find the right size range contact us and we can help you.
There is a number of options with regards to imaging of DNA gels. Do you want UV or LED lightsource? Should the angle of light be direct or trans? How many filters is the optimal amount? What price and size of the instrument is optimal?
We here at Kem-En-Tec Nordic have a wide range of imaging instruments from the smallest instruments to the largest and most flexible imaging system.
- Have a look at the Imaging page for our wide selection of Imagers for both protein and DNA gels.